It's incredibly fun to go out and dance West Coast Swing socially. It can also be a lot of fun improving your dance ability. Here is a list of resources you can use to get better.
Most of us get started with partner dancing with group lessons because their inexpensive and social.
- Beginner Class – First-time dancers and those developing their basics.
- Intermediate Class – Those looking to take their dancing to the next level.
There's a lot you can do to get better all on your own.
- The Road to Intermediate – How to progress to the intermediate class.
- Pratice WCS on Your Own – Drills to improve your dancing.
- WCS Jack and Jill Videos – Both entertaining and educational!
If you really want to get better, nothing beats private instruction. You can do it all on your own, with a friend, or even with a group.
First and foremost, we offer mini private lessons every Thursday at the Avalon after class!
Do you want to feel more confident and playful in your dance? Do you want feedback on your connection, timing, patterns, teamwork, footwork, or something else? Please ask an instructor when you're ready!
It's only $10 for 10 minutes and $15 for 15 minutes!
If you want a longer and more in-depth private lesson, you can't go wrong with these instructors.